Friday, February 26, 2010

Going broke on background checks!


Well, with the impending move I have managed to pack a few boxes. Thank you Wal-mart for the lovely free boxes. I love it.

I have spent many hours on craigslist and other rental web sites trying to track down the "perfect" place to live for me and the kids. Here lies the problem. These landlords charge a NON-refundable $25 dollar application fee. I could seriously go broke if I were to turn one in for all the places I was interested in. This is crazy. Not only that but I'm not the only applicant that they have...they get to choose who the best tenant would be from the five or six different applicants. Are there seriously that many people looking for rentals right now? I'm going to go look at one today and at least five different people have already turned in the application. The lady said to me "but nobody has paid a deposit yet." LOL So....here are my thoughts: Money talks right? If I show up with my deposit in hand and offer it to them with my application, then that should shoot me up at the top of the list right? (grin)

I REALLY don't have time to sit around and wait for these landlords to decide who is the best applicant...I figure I'M the best applicant because I will have the money!!!!!! (wishful thinking?) I'm just trying to get ahead of the game, and it truly seems like a game.

So, as it stands right now...I'm finding some really cute places. Chelsea is coming around to the idea of moving and has even softened her heart to it and is almost ready to decide to just switch schools this year so she can get to know the kids that she will be going to high school with.

I made it through another week of work. I am always thankful when a week ends because I feel accomplished. Accomplished because they didn't fire me (I'm still not sure they want to keep me), and I didn't miss any work....and most importantly...I did my best. I love my job....I really pray they soon decide that I'm a keeper.

COMMENTS!!!!!

I love your comments. I often feel bad because I don't comment often anymore on other peoples blog. I am hoping that my life settles down soon and I can do that; however, I am still a lurker/reader on your blogs so I am keeping up with all your wonderful lives. Thank you for caring for me and my family. I sure love you guys.

So...that's my update. Ill take some picture today of the town home I'm going to look at. WHOOOPEEEEE!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kay said...

Out of lurkerdom again to remind you that God provides exactly what He wants for you, He will. HUGS Oh and don't worry about checking out my blog I'm a slacker so I got nada new over there :o)

Jessi said...

I hope the deposit in hand works today. What a bummer that they screwed up on the last apartment. Hang in there!

mak'n Changes said...

Oh man do I understand what u are going thru. Its good that Chelsea is warming to the idea, she's smart for thinking about it the way she is.
I am continuing to pray that all works out for you. I love u!
Cindie

birthmothertalks said...

I hope everything works out for you. I can imagine it's pretty stressful right now. I am sure you will find the right place for you and your family.

Rebekah said...

Hoping this is the one!!!!!!

Kerri said...

Good Luck! I really like your plan. I say show up with your deposit. Money certaintly DOES talk!