Saturday, May 2, 2009

Adoption poem!!

Legacy of an Adopted Child

Once there were two women
Who never knew each other

One you do not remember
The other you call mother

Two different lives shaped to make your one
One became your guiding star
The other became your sun

The first gave you life
And the second taught you to live in it

The first gave you a need for love
And the second was there to give it

One gave you a nationality
The other gave you a name

One gave you the seed of talent
The other gave you an aim

One gave you emotions
The other calmed your fears

One saw your first sweet smile
The other dried your tears

One gave you up-it was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child
And God led her straight to you

And now you ask me through your tears
The age-old question through the years

Heredity or environment-which are you the product of
Neither my darling-neither

Just two different kinds of love

5 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

That was beautiful! You are an amazing lady Becky! I love you.
cindie

Anonymous said...

Who's a crying, blubbery mess now? That was beautiful!

Laurie said...

I love this poem!

Heaven said...

wow, what an amazing poem! I am speechless and blubbering all at the same time. You are an incredible mom... I am in awe of you:)

Lerin said...

Oh my goodness... that was beautiful!!!