Friday, February 13, 2009

Updates!!!

This my third blog from the news on the sex last night. So if you have not read in a few days then go two posts back from this one for the good news on the sex of the baby.

I had to post again because the doctor just called and I want to have this all logged in. I really feel like crying right now. This is so frustrating. OK so here is what is going on.

I have hypertension right now which translated is high blood pressure. The scary thing about this is that it can turn into pre-eclampsia which is what I ended up having with my last baby three years ago. So, now that my blood pressure was high at this last appointment (140/90 which isn't that high to me) they are just freaking out on it and doing all these preventative things. I wish I had someone here to help me. I can already see this is going to be a very very hard pregnancy. I also have to get blood work done at the lab to check my levels, and collect my urine for 24 hours for a bas line in case anything goes terribly wrong they have something to work with. I can just see me now going into the lab with a jug of pee. Ewwww!!

So the doctor said that I will be on the blood pressure medication twice a day 100 mg per dose. It is apparently a safe drug, of course, but I don't like it at all. I have never been on any medication during a pregnancy and so I am having a very hard time trusting the doctors. Ive always had healthy babies and never smoked drank or had any prescription or non-prescription medication. I'm scared.

Even though I am complaining a lot, I am so thankful to have a doctor that cares so much about me. I have had pregnancies that nothing was done with my high blood pressure. There was no preventative stuff done or anything so i don't know. Matthew was born two weeks early because of my BP and then I ended up going on that horrible drug in the end to prevent seizures. So, maybe all this will help me in the end have an easier recovery? I sure hope so.

Because baby has renal pelvic dilatation I am to go and have a growth scan every four weeks and they will check the fluid level and the baby's respiration's during that time. Right now, the doctor wants me in his office every two weeks but starting at 28 weeks he wants to see me twice a week. WHAT!!!!!!????? This is probably going to be the hardest thing I have ever done and honestly, I don't know if I can do that with my job. (yes I'm complaining now) I'm really really worried that I can do all this stuff that they are asking me to. I don't have any help here. Can I just scream now.

Its in moments like these that I really don't like Ron. I could just scream at him right now and God knows what else. Maybe I should just slap him on the face for his selfishness. Its not fair that I have to do all this alone. I guess I have to trust the doctors judgment. I just wish I would have been better to my body over the years. I wish I had not let myself get so heavy....because in my mind I think that I wouldn't have these hypertension issues if I didn't gain so much weight.I don't know if that is true or not. I'm just upset right now. Ill be better later.

Why art thou cast down O my soul? and why
art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in
God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the
health of my countenance, and my God.
Psalms42:11 KJV


2 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

Ok,, becky this is what you do. Google healthy eating for pregnancies. or something to that effect. You've gotta start eating whole foods, so that baby can be healthy and so you can be healthy. Just start googling and learn as much as you can so you dont have to go thru all this crap. Ugh! Becky! Im sorry this is happening!

LL said...

You and babyheart are in my prayers.